Sunday, March 26, 2006

Last night's events

After last night's events several things have become clear:


  1. My neighbors hate me and/or are jealous of our youth and singing abilities

  2. The LAPD is at least somewhat amused by noise complaints about 7 or 8 lame-o's doing karaoke at 2:00 AM, probably about 4 blocks away from where gang members are shooting each other

  3. I have Sue's camera

  4. I also have someone's windbreaker

  5. We probably need to find a way to do karaoke at someone else's house for at least a while

  6. Sometimes I make bad decisions or forego making good decisions

  7. Raspberry Mojitos and Apple daiquiris don't help, but are worth it anyway

  8. Cort also has a friend named "Gutman"



And, here's a list of songs that appear when you search for "karaoke neil diamond" in emule (title, availability):

  • (Coming to America, 30)

  • (September Morn, 24)

  • (You Don't Bring Me Flowers, 11)

  • (Song Sung Blue, 5)

  • (Love On The Rocks, 2)

  • (Sweet Caroline, 2)

  • (Forever In Blue Jeans, 1)

  • (Longfellow Serenade, 1)

  • (Hello Again, 1)

  • (Play Me, 1)

  • (Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon, 1)

  • (Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show, 1)

  • (I'm a Believer, 1)


So, the only hope for Cracklin' Rose is the one link I found last night and a Neil Diamond karaoke tribute compilation I found.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joneseee said...

The California Organization of Police and Sheriffs (C.O.P.S.) just called my house a few minutes ago. As it turns out, they just wanted a donation for their mentoring program for at-risk youth. Feeling guilty about last night, I almost immediately offered to make a donation. The woman on the phone was like, "Thank you so much! You've been such a godsend! I've only talked to grumpy people all day." Clearly, this is because she's been calling people on my block and none of them got enough sleep last night. I thought about telling her this, but then the thought occurred to me that she could just be a brilliant neighbor posing as a volunteer for C.O.P.S. to steal my credit card number, knowing I'd be an easy target this morning. Then I realized that other people besides just my neighbors might be pulling a more broad scam, not just targeted at me. I made the donation anyway, though. And honestly, I don't feel quite as guilty now. Maybe like 96%. It'll probably go down to like 94% once I get my "Friend of C.O.P.S." sticker in the mail.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home